Math PACE Set 1073-1084 (4TH EDITION)
Math 7 (Level 7) (PACEs 1073–1084)
In this level the student:
- Reads, writes, and works with whole and mixed numbers, integers, and proper and improper fractions.
- Learns the proper mathematical terminology—dividend, multiplicand, product, simplify, minuend, quotient, numerator, and denominator; changes fractions and decimals to percents; finds the number when a percent is known; finds the mean, mode, median, range, and rank; and interprets graphs, stem and leaf plots, and box and whisker plots.
- Is introduced to business and consumer arithmetic—profit and loss, commission, discounts, bills and receipts, and invoices with discounts; ratios, proportions, and percents.
- Reviews geometric concepts and finds perimeter, circumference, and surface area.
- Learns Biblical principles of finance, budgeting, saving, investing, and bank services.
- Reviews English and metric units of length, volume, weight, and temperature.
- Reviews basic geometry concepts and symbols and uses a protractor and compass to find perimeter and area of shapes and solids.
- Is introduced to equations—variable, sets, and set notation; vocabulary; symbols; and word problems.