Beginning Art Self-Pac 83 (2ND EDITION)
Beginning Art (junior high school student) (Self-Pacs 73–84) 1 Credit
In this course the student:
- Reproduces a number of illustrations in the course using pencil, charcoal, pen and ink, watercolor, tempera, and samples the art of lettering.
- Paints a color wheel, identifies warm and cool colors and mixtures, uses opposites on the color wheel successfully, and mixes colors to obtain the color needed.
- Studies line variation, design, and shape, and uses shading for depth and perspective.
- Draws various textures effectively.
- Learns to create well-balanced indoor and outdoor scenes, landscapes, and interiors.
- Uses stick figures to show action, indicates mood with facial expressions, and draws simple cartoons.
- Understands how to make a flannel board, creates flannelgraph backgrounds and story materials, and makes posters.