English 1029 (4TH EDITION)
English 3 (Level 3) (PACEs 1025–1036)
In this level the student:
- Alphabetizes words.
- Learns about sentence types—declarative, interrogative, and exclamatory sentences.
- Learns about basic punctuation marks (. ? ! , ’ “ ”).
- Practices cursive writing—lowercase and capital letters.
- Learns parts of speech—nouns (common, proper, singular, and plural), pronouns, adjectives, verbs (action and state-of-being), and prepositions.
- Uses compound words.
- Understands word concepts—antonyms, synonyms, homonyms, confusing words, and confusing word pairs (a/an, learn/teach, sit/set, let/leave, their/there, its/it’s, and can/may).
- Writes letters and addresses envelopes.
- Is encouraged in character development through examples given in each PACE.
- Learns about rhyming words and poems.