English 1109 (3RD EDITION)
English II (Level 10) (PACEs 1109–1120)
Prerequisite: English I
In this level the student:
- Writes using four kinds of paragraphs and correct sentence structure.
- Reviews the characteristics of writing a biography and an autobiography and learns to make note and source cards while using reference books at the library.
- Studies the elements of a book and examines the author’s style while reading, studying, and answering questions about God’s Tribesman by James and Marti Hefley and The Hiding Place by Corrie ten Boom and John and Elizabeth Sherrill.
- Identifies and reviews basic grammar.
- Expands vocabulary through learning and writing new words.
- Classifies and diagrams the seven basic sentence patterns of simple and complex sentences.
- Discovers the purpose and type of newspaper articles and writes a newspaper article.
- Determines the purpose and appropriate forms of business and social letters and letters of application.
- Gains practical application of library skills.
- Learns to identify and appreciate poetic forms.
- Is encouraged in character development through examples given in each PACE.