English III PACE Set 1121-1132
English III (Level 11) (PACEs 1121–1132)
Prerequisites: English I and II
In this level the student:
- Identifies sentence fragments, run-ons, and complete sentences.
- Studies different periods of American literature.
- Recognizes and reviews grammar.
- Continues to build knowledge of capitalization and punctuation rules.
- Increases writing skills—descriptive, narrative, expository, and persuasive elements of a paragraph; plans and writes an essay.
- Develops setting, character, and plot for a short story.
- Researches, plans, and writes a term paper in a step-by-step process.
- Verifies and clarifies facts presented in other types of expository texts by using a variety of consumer, workplace, and public documents.
- Reads In His Steps by Charles M. Sheldon and answers questions.
- Studies excerpts from The Oregon Trail.
- Analyzes characteristics of satire, parody, allegory; pastoral themes used in poetry, prose, plays, novels, short stories, essays; and other basic genres.
- Is encouraged in character development through examples given in each PACE.