English PACE Set 1049-1060 (4TH EDITION)
English 5 (Level 5) (PACEs 1049–1060)
In this level the student:
- Expands his knowledge of nouns and verbs and learns the agreement of subjects and verbs.
- Learns to diagram the subject, action verb, state-of-being verb, predicate noun, adjectives, adverbs, and direct object of a sentence.
- Identifies and correctly uses verbs that are often misused, modifiers, and pronouns.
- Changes a given list of verbs from singular to plural.
- Reviews pronouns and identifies the kinds (personal, interrogative, demonstrative, and indefinite) and cases (subjective, objective, and possessive).
- Recognizes simple and complete subjects and predicates.
- Is introduced to predicate adjectives and comparative degrees of adverbs.
- Recognizes complete sentences and fragments, learns four sentence patterns, and develops paragraphs.
- Learns and practices punctuation rules including quotation marks, underlining titles, etc.
- Increases word concepts (antonyms, synonyms, homophones) and learns about heteronyms.
- Writes business and friendly letters.
- Demonstrates a mastery of proper capitalization.
- Is encouraged in character development through examples given in each PACE.